Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday

I finished the quilt I was working on last week and I think it turned out pretty fantastic! The binding took 4 hours to sew on, which was a long time, but this quilt is huge! 104x114 inches! It was like trying to wrestle an alligator:) now I need to trim threads and get it delivered.

I plan to get over to cowtown this afternoon to oil my machine and get it ready for the next quilt that is waiting. This one is another large quilt, a Lone Star quilt which I am a little nervous about quilting, but excited at the same time. Star Quilts are such works of art and this will be the first one I will quilt for someone else. It helped that the quilter spent some time going over ideas with me and gave me her vision and her blessing before I started.

Yesterday I took a day away and helped the local Sioux YMCA staff clean their summer camp and get it ready for the kids who will spend the summer there. What a wonderful day we had! The camp is located on the Missouri River out in the middle of nowhere, a few outbuildings and a handful of teepees, the river on one side and miles of grass and sky all around. There is an enthusiastic staff of 7 young people, some local kids, and a couple from as far away as NY. I enjoyed the day so much and wanted to pack my bags and stay for the summer. Of course I forgot my camera but I am hoping my friend Carla got some good pictures and I can post some this week. I am spending a week there in August for their Arts Camp and plan to teach a natural dyes class and we will create a wall hanging. It should be an interesting week!

No comments:

Post a Comment