Monday, June 11, 2012

Oh Holy Cow...

I am tired of slow Internet and have been posting through my phone because it is faster. Today I decided I would get out the laptop so I could actually type instead of peck along with one finger and try to write my thoughts. Now that I have waited for 10 minutes for the window to type on to open, I have completely lost my train of thought!

Apparently they are mapping the area to put in fiber optic phone cable and in the FUTURE? (whose? future is the question) we will have high speed Internet. By that time I will have given up on technology all together and won't even care :)

Today I am hoping to get more done than I did yesterday. I spent two hours in a conference call about an Art Camp I am helping with this summer. It was good to connect with everyone else involved and to meet them over the phone, but by the time we were done I was in lazy mode and didn't feel inspired to do more than read and look up ideas on-line...which of course was slow, so that wasted most of the evening. It was windy again yesterday and once again today (imagine that!) so doing anything outside was not in the cards. I am hoping we will get some more rain today, it has been so dry and we need water in the dams. But at the same time I wish it would clear up and quit blowing because I do have things I want to do outside!

I have become fascinated with Prayer Flags this summer and hope to work on a few of those this week. I was given prayer flags last summer by my family as a healing message for the journey I was on. They inspired me to find out more about Prayer Flags and the messages they carry. I have discovered a lot of information about them and also some wonderful projects that people are doing with them. One of them can be found here: http://theprayerflagproject.blogspot.com/  So now that I have a new obsession I can add them to the list of things I want to get done this summer :)

Well if I plan to get anything done today I better keep moving! I plan to put the star quilt on the machine today and get it started, crossing my fingers it goes smoothly and there are no major glitches...



No comments:

Post a Comment