Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pity Party :)

Every once in awhile during a lull in my day I will have a mini pity party and think "why me?", then I get back to whatever project is occupying my day and just say "Thank You"! :)

Today I had one while I was on the floor under the quilt machine checking thread tension, my hands are numb all the time and I sometimes can't feel the thread on the underside of the quilt, so I laid there today and thought about all the things I could ,to feel sorry for myself, numb hands, my bum knee, a year lost when I did nothing but lay on the couch and look pathetic! Then I thought if I died now, how long would it take before my husband found me under the quilt batting like the wicked witch! LOL

So I stayed there for awhile and enjoyed the coolness, and the sound of the birds, got up and got back to work! I had to pick out about 8 inches of quilt when I did an oops and didn't catch it! Instead of tightening the tension I loosened it and didn't catch it! I was annoyed to say the least.

I worked for a couple hours, put some scarves an the stretchers to work on this evening, and decided I needed to head home to do some "Housework", there is never ending laundry and the cat box needs cleaning:( but I think my husband picked up lunch in town so at least I won't have to cook!

I ran through a pin that was hiding in the quilt batting, which scared me almost as much as the hawk that hit the window an hour later! I was surprised the needle didn't break!

Here are a few photos from the current quilt project, it's coming together better than I thought it would. The bobbin thread is such a close match to the back fabric it almost looks invisible ( it was not fun picking it out!) if you look close you can see where I picked!

No comments:

Post a Comment