Thursday, June 21, 2012

Back to work!

I took a few days off to do yard work. After a year of neglect, I felt a real need to try and get some order back in my yard and clear out weeds and overgrown bushes. It's a slow process but it's looking so much better! If there were two of me and we both moved faster I could really get something done! It's probably a good thing this has been a dry year so I can keep up with the lawn mowing. I have two lawns to mow, one here and one at CowTown, both huge, with a lot of weed eating. Both take a good day to finish! My veggie garden is next door and the rabbits have discovered the green beans:( trying to decide if I want to put up a fence or just get rid of a few rabbits. We have 3 big lazy barn cats who I think could help out a little, but they seem to work only when they want to!
I put another quilt on yesterday and painted a few scarves. It felt good to be back to work in the quilt shop, but I was tired last night! I am sure the creeping Jenny in my flower beds was glad for a chance to take over again.
I am concerned about this quilt, there is a huge size difference from one end to the other, and lots of ripples and waves. I had a hard time rolling it onto the machine and I am worried about keeping it all straight. I started quilting and will just have to see how it goes!
When I get past the first border I will have to post some pictures, it's a beautiful quilt and I love the colors. If I can work through the ripples I will be happy! :)
So off to town to run errands, catch up on gossip, and then back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment