Saturday, February 18, 2017

Coffee Time!

When the challenge came out on Sunday I was at our Prairie Strippers Quilt Retreat so I didn't  give the challenge much thought until Monday morning. I knew it was going to be a busy week because I was going to be gone over the long weekend, my plan was to make something quick and easy! I decided I wanted to make a mug rug until I looked up mug rugs and saw they were almost the size of a placemat, I didn't want to make anything large so I decided to make coasters. Once I got started I Thought it would be fun to make a set for both my daughters who have birthdays in February and March, so instead of making one simple mug rug...I made 8 coasters! Apparently I wasn't thinking clearly! LOL


I found some charm squares I thought were fun for the backs and just dug through my scrap stash to find bright colored fabrics, then did some random cutting and sewing, quilted them and put a small binding on them. Pretty basic & simple but bright & colorful which is what the challenge was all about...COLOR!!!
The coasters took a couple of hours to put together and the binding took about 3 nights! I really dislike binding. So they are done & now I'm on vacation :)

2 comments:

  1. Lol! These are fabulous! They're going to love these bright coasters :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sometimes forgets about the exponential math required by PQ challenges!

    ReplyDelete