Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Oh my word! Another snow day! I honestly don't know how much more snow we can take...I guess we will find out.

A plow was on our road this morning, I'm sure to try and knock back some of the larger cuts before the wind blows again. I was so excited yesterday when I drove to work and saw where someone? The state? The tribe? Or the county? Had cut through the big banks along the highway and cleared it enough to be able to see incoming traffic at the stop sign. It made my day!

I got up this morning and got ready for work only to find out school will be released at 12:30 which means I combed my hair for nothing! LOL

Now I'm puttering around cleaning up the kitchen after making a pan of blondies and putting supper in the crock pot. I will head next door and spend the rest of the day quilting without feeling rushed!

Between trudging through the snow, the 2 Project Quilting Challenges & keeping the goats fed, I really have not gotten a lot done this month. The no electricity & the huge piles of snow made it hard to get Quilting done next door. I feel like the whole month has been a dark hole!

Last week I did finish a baby gift for one of my After School Program teachers, she had showed me a quilt she liked and wanted for her new baby to be, so I attempted to find fabrics that were similiar and make one for her. She loved it so I am pleased! I don't know why I don't have a better picture of it? This is before I quilted it, I backed it with a super soft Minkee that had little stars embossed on it.


This weekend the sun was out and I needed to get some quilting done so I spent both Saturday and Sunday next door and quilted this Binding Star that was made by one of my quilt guild

 friends. The red was not as crazy neon as my pictures look! I quilted it using a grey thread and just enjoyed meandering along for two days.




I love the piece she chose for the back! 

So my goals for January are to get all the customer quilts that need done DONE! Then figure out this blog layout! I can't handle the randomness of it! My goal for today is now finish sweeping the kitchen, water the goats & head next door before the wind starts blowing! 



No comments:

Post a Comment