Tuesday, June 5, 2012

(swear word) WIND!

The wind has blown all day. Not just a breezy wind but a gale force wind. Annoying to say the least. We have two trees in our yard but it sounds like we live in the forest as it whips around the eaves and corners of the house. One of the -not so- joys of living on the prairie. I spent part of the morning here at home, cleaning up and putting things away after two days of canning rhubarb & strawberry jam, and preserving a number of fresh herbs(photo below). Then I headed to CowTown and spent the rest of the day over there working on a quilt, organizing bills, and cleaning over there, and listening to the wind. Even the quilting machine didn't drowned out the wind today, I thought about putting some music on, but between the fans, the machine and the hurricane, I decided music would be a sensory overload! Here is the quilt I am working on right now, the colors made me think of the ocean so I tried to incorporate shells into the design. I have about two hours left to quilt and then the binding. I am anxious to see how it comes off the machine, it had some issues, so far it seems to be ok, but I am worried about puckers on the back. (photos)
When I got home there was coffee waiting and we both decided ice cream with fresh strawberry topping was a good supper for a miserably hot and windy South Dakota day!

No comments:

Post a Comment